I just had to post something about my first Mother's Day, even though I don't really have many pictures to document the day. It started off with breakfast in bed & he got me a game for the Wii I have been wanting (DON'T LAUGH...it's fun & it's something we enjoy doing together). Then, when I got up, I saw this pretty cookie in the kitchen. I won't bore you with the rest of the details, but I didn't cook or clean all day & it was wonderful.
Lily had kind of a rough day part of that day with her reflux & it kind of upset me. (It's hard to see your child struggle with eating when you know they are hungry & are unable to drink their bottle because they are in pain.) My brother was kind of sad for me & said "What a nice Mother's Day, huh?" And, my Mom said something that put it all into perspective for me...she said "Yes, it is a nice Mother's Day for Shari because she gets to celebrate it this year as a Mother". And, she was so right. Sometimes I still look at Lily & can't believe she's ours...that we got so lucky (after the HELL we went through) to get such a beautiful daughter.
My sweet Girly Girl is officially a teenager today! I love you, my sweet!
May God bless you with many more years ahead of you!


