Well....our little princess has to wear a "helmet". :-( (It's really called a STAR Band.)
Several months ago she was diagnosed with Torticollis, which meant she could barely turn her neck to the left. Because of this, she would sleep/lay in the same position all the time & her head became misshapen, a condition called Plagiocephaly.
The Torticollis is gone, but her head shape hasn't improved. It really is not that noticeable to most people, but on the mild/moderate/severe scale for Plagiocephaly, she's actually on the high end of moderate. So, she has to wear a STAR Band 23 hours a day for about 3 months. Believe it or not, it doesn't really seem to bother her that much...I think it bothers us more than it does her. However, we just got it on Friday & she hasn't started wearing it all day yet...we have to ease her into it slowly.
Here are a few pictures of her in it. Notice the lovely drool in these pictures...she is also teething. She has one tooth that came in about a week ago & she's working on another one. I would love to get some pictures where you can see her tooth, but I haven't been successful.
My sweet Girly Girl is officially a teenager today! I love you, my sweet!
May God bless you with many more years ahead of you!


